Anchor Peabody is a transaction advisory firm focused exclusively on the U.S. building industry. Our Financial Advisory practice provides advisory services to owners and acquirers of middle-market building industry companies, primarily with $50 million to $500 million in revenues. Our Firm fosters long-term relationships with clients as their independent advisor of choice on strategic matters and transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, recapitalizations, restructurings, equity and debt capital raises and other transaction-related matters.
Our Firm has worked with leading building industry companies to explore and optimize their exit/liquidity alternatives, assist in the process of confidentially selling or recapitalizing their businesses and/or divesting certain assets and operations. We also work with leading strategic and financial buyers to source and execute acquisitions within their respective focus areas and to finance those acquisitions.
Since 2011, our team of former building industry operators, private equity and investment banking professionals have filled the transaction/ M&A advisory void in the middle-market U.S. building industry left by:
- Wall Street and regional investment banks, which have historically underserved the building industry by focusing on only the largest private and public companies and/or by operating as “generalist” practices, lacking deep industry expertise; and,
- Business brokerage firms, which offer narrower and lower service levels and limited technical and industry expertise for middle-market company owners and operators.
Anchor Peabody believes it is imperative for companies who want or need to explore the potential of raising capital or selling their business to run a proactive, thorough, and sophisticated process in order to:
- Maximize probability of a successful transaction;
- Optimize prospective transaction terms, via a competitive process; and,
- Maximize process efficiency and minimize disruption to business and management.
We believe our building industry focus and decades of experience as operators, owners, acquirers and sellers of middle-market building products companies gives our firm the unique ability to:
- Maintain the industry’s most extensive network of building industry relationships, including business owners, retired and current operators, consultants, association heads and other industry-focused service providers;
- Know current and historical “market” valuations;
- Closely monitor construction industry and sub-segment trends and identify attractive exit points;
- Source the best strategic acquirers, financial partners, and equity capital providers for prospective investment, partnership, or sale;
- Identify niches/sub-segments that are opportunistic and attractive for investment due to favorable risk-reward profiles;
- Identify and address potential investment “red flag” issues such as customer concentrations, commodity risk, management continuity, working capital levels and other issues which can reduce third party interest, derail transactions, or reduce valuation;
- Knowledge of “market” deal structures and terms within building industry deals such as earn-outs, management buyouts, capital structure optimization, creative real estate solutions, etc.;
- Thoroughly and efficiently diligence acquirers; and,
- Source industry management talent to supplement target company management for potential buyers.